If you receive notification that a payment made to your WePay account has failed, this means we were unable to fully process the transaction. This can happen for a variety of reasons, including:
- The information submitted by the payer was incorrect or could not be verified. For example:
- Incorrect billing name, address, or zip code
- Expired card
- Invalid CVV / CSC
- The payer’s card issuer declined the payment due to insufficient funds or other blocks on their account.
- Your WePay account setup is not complete, or your account has been deactivated.
- You’re collecting payments for something that violates our Terms of Service.
- Our Trust & Safety team needs additional information about you, your business, or the payer.
For specific details about why your payment failed, please reach out to our Support team. For verification purposes, please submit your request using the email address linked to your WePay merchant account.