The “checkout” object has the following states, and the following possible state transitions. You can receive callback notifications when the checkout changes state via IPNs.
- New -- The checkout was created by the application. This state only exists for checkouts created in WePay's hosted checkout flow.
- Authorized -- The payer entered their payment info and confirmed the payment on WePay. WePay has successfully charged the card, but the funds have not yet been credited to the payee account. Reasons for this may include ACH processing time, reviews from our Trust and Safety team, or delayed payout features.
- Captured -- The payment has been reserved from the payer.
- Released -- The payment has been credited to the payee account. Note that the released state may be active although there are active partial refunds or partial chargebacks.
- Cancelled -- The payment has been cancelled by the payer, payee, or application.
- Refunded -- The payment was captured and then refunded by the payer, payee, or application. The payment has been debited from the payee account.
- charged back -- The payment has been charged back by the payer and the payment has been debited from the payee account. For more information, please see our Chargeback FAQ.
- Failed -- The payment has failed.
- Expired -- Checkouts expire if they remain in the new state for more than 30 minutes (e.g., they have been abandoned). This state only exists for checkouts created in WePay's hosted checkout flow.
You can find all possible API object states in our API reference for that object. For instance, see the Account Reference to find all Account object states.